The coronavirus situation has gotten a lot more serious than most people expected, and it has become apparent that it is in all of our best intrest to spend some time in self-isolation to help put a stop to the spread of this pandemic.
We’re pretty sure this is a dream come true for introverts who get goosebumps when someone cancels some plans on them, and they can just chill between their four walls without having to do any peopling. But for others who can’t stand the idea of having to spend an hour alone or those who are simply addicted to being outdoors, self-isolation and quarantine can feel like a straight up nightmare!
Luckily, staying at home doesn’t have to be boring and there is always some interesting stuff we can do, not only to pass the time, but also to have some fun!
1. Do some exercise! Sure, the gyms are all closed right now, but that shouldn’t be stopping you from breaking your daily sweat. If you feel like you just can’t motivate yourself to do some sit-ups or yoga without a personal trainer, there’s like a gazillion fitness videos on YouTube that you can work out to!
2. Cook for yourself and your family! The internet is an endless ocean of recipes and all the cooking shows you can think of. Just pick your favorite cuisine, do a bit of googling, fire up that stove, and use all this free time to become an expert cook!
3. Read a new book! With today’s way of life being so fast-paced, it often feels like the only things we read are work documents and way-too-long comments on Facebook. So, use this time off to put your phone down, kick your feet up, and dive into that paperback that has been staring at you from the shelf for the past year. Heck, why not make it a trilogy?!
4. If you’re feeling crafty, make yourself some homemade soap! The number one recommendation these days is to wash your hands, so if there is anything that has been cleared from the supermarkets, it has to be soap! We’re sure that you’ve already stocked up and won’t really need to make any of your own, but actually, it’s pretty fun! Just google a few recipes and get to it!
5. Play some board games! Board games are an awesome way to spend some quality time with your family and they are fun for people of all ages. So, break out that Monopoly board and start buying out those properties and building those hotels! Or, if you want to play something simpler, go head to head in a game of checkers. If you don’t have any board games available at home, there is an almost endless list of social games you can play with just a pen and paper!
6. Clean out your closet! It seems that the time has finally come to get that wardrobe under control. Cleaning out your closet can be overwhelming, so now you can finally go through all your stuff in peace and decide what to keep and what to ditch. Use this time to purge and organize your belongings as you have always wanted, down to the tiniest detail!
7. Take an online course! A great quote that always pops to mind here is: “Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.” But even if you’re not aiming to get rich beyond your wildest dreams, an attitude of lifelong learning will enhance your understanding of the world around you, open doors for new opportunities, and improve your overall quality of life. So, pick an online course you find useful, and go for it!
8. Take a nap! We don’t really think you need much instruction here. It’s the perfect opportunity to get a good night’s sleep and doze off at any time during the day. With no boss standing over your shoulder and school being out until further notice, you finally have an excuse to spend all day in your pajamas!
9. Get creative! We all have that inner artist hidden away somewhere deep inside us. So what better time to let loose and get those creative juices flowing! Pick up that paintbrush and get your hands dirty with some abstract art, or finally start writing that novel you’ve always wanted to but could never find the time!
10. Put together a travel bucket list! You know, this quarantine and coronavirus situation isn’t going to last forever. Use this free time to make a list of all the wonderful and exotic destinations you want to visit before you kick the bucket. The opportunity to hit the road will present itself sooner or later!
We hope that all these ideas will make your stay in home quarantine a bit more bearable, and that you will use this opportunity to have some fun and spend quality time with your family and loved ones!